Membership in international organisations, Contact
International Relations — English Pages — Česká televize
International Relations, was established on July 1, 2014, with the goal of developing international cooperation of Czech Television and enhancing the position of Czech Television in international institutions.
The Department is responsible for bilateral agreements, communication and cooperation with the EBU and other International organizations and institutions.
Contact for International Relations
Ms. Andrea Beranova
Head of International Relationsinternationalrelations@ceskatelevize.cz
phone: +420 261 134 736
Basic Facts about Ceska televize (pdf, 1,7 MB)
Past international events hosted/organised by Ceska televize
- EBU Technical Assembly, June 2014
- EBU News Assembly, November 2014
- EBU Eurovision Song Contest, Vienna, May 2015
- EBU General Assembly, June 2015
- EBU Finance Assembly, September 2015
- 52nd International Television Festival Golden Prague, 30. 9. – 3. 10. 2015
- Workshop GEN (Global Editors Network), November 2015
- EBU Voice of PSM, November 2015
V4 High Level Meeting, Brno, April 2016
V4 High Level Meeting is a meeting among the public service media of V4 countries. The 2016 edition was organised by Czech Television and was held on 28th April 2016 in Brno.
EBU 20th Eurovision Connect, Prague, May 2016
Eurovision Connect is a very successful annual conference held under the auspices of the EBU for more than 20 years. The 2016 conference was held in Prague on 19 to 20 May at the kind invitation of Czech Television.
It brings together more than 170 professionals from public service broadcasters all across Europe for a packed two-day schedule highlighting innovation, creativity and excellence in broadcast marketing in all its forms, both traditional and new.
The conference covers topics such as branding, marketing, promotions, audience navigation, design and media planning, with an increasing focus on the use of digital and social media.
EBU Eurovision Song Contest, Stockholm, May 2016
Ukraine’s Jamala won the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest with the song "1944". The Grand Final of the world’s biggest live musical television event was held on Saturday 14 May in Stockholm, Sweden. The 2016 Eurovision Song Contest was a coproduction by the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) and Sveriges Television (SVT).
The 26 finalists performed live in front of an audience of 10,000 inside the Globe Arena in the Swedish capital. In total, 42 EBU Members competed in this year’s Eurovision Song Contest. 16 nations were knocked out in two Semi-Finals held on 10 and 12 May.
The Czech Television was represented by Gabriela Gunčíková with the song "I stand".
Election Coverage Seminar Patriotic Hall, Carolinum, Prague, 7th June 2016
On Tuesday, June 7 at the Patriotic Hall of Carolinum was held The Election Coverage Seminar.
The Czech Television was represented by Zdeněk Šámal, Director of News, who introduced the actual experience with preparation of pre-election and election broadcasting. As well the representatives of research agencies and public service media from Austria, ORF, Oliver Ortner, Head of ZiB1, Main daily news broadcast, Finland, YLE, Juho Salminen, Head of online feature and data desk, News and current affairs, and Belgium, VRT, Carl Voet , Editor in Chief of Current Affairs programs participated in this event.
Chairman of Czech Television Council, Jan Bednar, highlighted the contribution of The Director of News and as well the contribution of foreign participants regarding election coverage by public service media in their countries. He added that some ideas of the audience will be usefull in future as an inspiration.
Upcoming international events hosted/organised by Ceska televize
- 53rd International Television Festival Golden Prague, 28. 9. – 1. 10. 2016
- Inter-parliamentary Conference, PUBLIC SERVICE MEDIA and democracy, Hosted by the Chamber of Deputies of the Parliament of the Czech Republic
Prague, Czech Republic, 10. – 11. 11 2016
- EBU 19th Sports Assembly, 22. 3. – 24. 3. 2017
- EBU First Production Meeting Prague, 6. 4. – 7. 4. 2017
- 50th Gear Conference, 14. 5. – 17. 5. 2017
Participation in international projects
- EBU Peer-to-Peer Review
- EBU Contribution to Society
- EBU Generation What?
Membership in international organisations
- EBU European Broadcasting Union
- PBI Public Broadcasting International
- Circom European Association of Regional Television
- FIAT/IFTA International Federation of TV Archives
- BFA Broadcasting Fee Association
- IMZ International Music and Media Centre
- EDN European Documentary Network
- EURONEWS, Eurosport
- PRIX EUROPA