Czech Television provides a balanced offer of programmes targeted at all groups of the population
Programming — English Pages — Česká televize
English Pages of Czech Television
- Welcome to the English Pages of Czech Television (CT), the public service broadcaster in the Czech Republic
- Under its public remit Czech Television provides a broad range of programming to the wide public, minorities and all different sections of the population.
- Our news and current affairs programmes aim to inform and provide analysis and professional judgement.
- Our drama, education, documentary, entertainment, sport and other programmes, made in-house or acquired, cater to the varied tastes and interests of our audience.
- Our regional studios broadcast news and current affairs at least 25 minutes a day.
- For the hard-of-hearing we provide at least 70% of programmes with closed or on-screen captions or with interpreting into sign language.
- Czech Television is an important producer of films, the best selling titles abroad being: Zelary, Autumn Spring, Divided We Fall, Pupendo, The Wild Bees, Bored in Brno, Cosy Dens.
Other internationally successful programmes
- Animated series for children: Nils and the Wild Geese
- Music programmes: Antonín Dvořák – a European?, In Search of Janáček, The Prague Chamber Ballet
- TV series: Hospital at the End of the City Twenty Years On
- In 2004 programmes and programme-makers won the total number of 119 awards on the domestic scene and 20 abroad.