About the Festival
45th International Television Festival
Prague June 14 – 18, 2008
"The Music you'll enjoy"
Since its inception in 1964 the International Television Festival Golden Prague, organised by Czech Television, has become the world's most important television festival dedicated to music and dance on television. It ranks among the oldest and most renowned events of its kind: among television festivals, only Prix Italia (founded in 1949), Monte Carlo and Montreux festivals (both founded in 1961) can boast a longer tradition.
Today the ITF Golden Prague is a unique and prestigious showcase of TV production, presenting the world's best music and dance programmes of all musical genres. It has become a place of inspiring meetings for programme-makers, producers, experts and the general public, a place where you can discover, compare and see in competition the best of what has been produced in the field of music and dance programmes. For the first time this year, the festival is open to high-quality programmes of all musical genres, i.e. not only classical music, but also rock, pop and world music. The festival's popularity is ever-increasing: last year it welcomed 600 accredited guests from 24 countries all over the world.
In 2008 the International Television Festival Golden Prague enters its 45th edition. This anniversary is an exciting challenge for the organisers of the festival. We plan to raise the standard with new ideas and projects in keeping with the ever-changing worlds of music and television.
You are for sure asking yourself a question – "Why to take part in this festival, why it would be a mistake to miss the Golden Prague?"
Because as ever, the ITF Golden Prague offers you:
- Prestigious international competition
- Video Library
- Premiere Screenings
- Social events
- Workshops and discussions
- Evenings with television stations
- Meetings with outstanding international producers and artists
- The potential to present your own work to an international audience
- A one-stop overview of the latest in world music and dance programming
- A forum to share ideas and knowledge
- Useful contacts
- A friendly and creative atmosphere, among people who are interested in quality music and dance programmes
- A beautiful environment in the historical centre of Prague
- and much more…
We hope that you are already making plans for your submissions to the next ITF Golden Prague.
That is why – visit this year's ITF Golden Prague – a festival you'll enjoy is awaiting you.